Wednesday, August 8, 2007

WMD? OMG! IDK! WTF?

In the fall, I'll be teaching my very first journalism class. In the past, I've helped teach reporting, and I've taught my own English Comp and Public Speaking courses. But I'm really excited at the opportunity to teach about something that I love.

As a part of that, current affairs, both foreign and domestic - now inextricably woven together, will be a large part. Below is an ongoing list that I'm compiling, and it is not close to complete. But it takes time to go from website to website, finding links and what not. I figured I would share because I know you need them to text your friends about current events on the global scale. Feel free to let me know I missed some, but please include a link to the website!

UN-United Nations
UNESCO-United Nations Education, Science, and Cultural Organization
OPEC-Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries
OECD -Organisation for Co-operation and Economic Development
WTO-World Trade Organization
DDA-Doha Development Agenda
GATT-General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade
the Bank-World Bank
EU-European Union
NATO-North Atlantic Treaty Organisation
NAFTA-North American Free Trade Agreement
CAFTA-Central American Free Trade Agreement
IMF-International Monetary Fund
ASEAN-Association of Southeast Asian Nations
AUAfrican Union
AEC-African Economic Union
OAU-Organization of African Unity
SAARC-South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation
SAU-South Asian Union


AddThis Social Bookmark Button

No comments: